Tuesday, May 4, 2010

No Braxton-Hicks

It's now Tuesday.  That puts us at 9 days to delivery date.  I don't think we are off by much in the conception date, even the OB said Emily was really close with all of her date estimations.  We are both really hoping that Langston comes on or before delivery date.  If not, I won't get a chance to spend much time with him before I have to head off to Albuquerque.  Of course Emily will be only a week behind me, but who wants to be apart from their newborn son right after birth for a week?  All this complaining because Emily has had only one Braxton-Hicks contraction, and that was around two weeks ago.  According to our OB Em will have more and more Braxton-Hicks contractions as the baby gets ready to be born.  I didn't know that Braxton-Hicks were a sign that the delivery day was getting close.  Also, her cervix was still high as of last Thursday, which is also isn't a good sign in terms of baby coming soon.  Maybe all this will change by our next appointment (this Thursday).  We are both getting pretty anxious.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,
    I'm so glad to see you two are doing so well! I am so happy for the two of you and the newest family member who will be here soon. It's so great to see you two as happy as y'all are. I wish you both the best with move and lots of love with little Langston. My prayers and thoughts are with you both.

    - Elisha V.

    ReplyDelete