Thursday, April 29, 2010

38 weeks!

I reached 38 weeks of pregnancy today..just 14 days left until D-day! We went to see the OB/GYN and didn't get the most exciting news. I am still not progressing very fast. The baby is turned downward head first which is great news...BUT...my cervix/uterus are still way high up. I got up this morning feeling like Langston had dropped some, but unfortunately I was wrong. I am still not dilated. I know God has his own timing and the actual due date has already been determined, but it is just hard to be patient and wait. I can't wait to see my son's sweet face! I have only had 1 Braxton-Hicks contraction and that was over a week ago. Since tomorrow is my last day of work, I plan on doing everything I can to get this baby active! I drove over railroad tracks twice today already, now I need to start walking!! It will be so much easier to walk, now that I won't feel absolutely terrible everyday (due to standing on my feet all day long at work).

Dr. Brown says we are in his top 10 list now of upcoming deliveries. He delivered 6 last week! I am glad he is getting a lot of practice, because I already know I won't be an easy patient.


Michael and I have started selling a lot of our furniture. Out west, since we are living in a cute little adobe pueblo (pictured to the left), we will have no storage (no attic, no basement). We are ready to start buying furniture that we absolutely love and will keep for a long time. Most of our furniture (though it is a wonderful blessing to have it) has all been hand me downs or stuff we bought for the college dorm or apartment. On my day today, we have several people coming to buy some furniture..yeah! We had the surveyor come by our house today to prepare for the movers. He has to give them an estimate of all the stuff we have, so the movers know how many boxes to bring, what to expect, etc. We are SO thankful that Sandia (well i guess the government) is paying for us to move to ABQ. They are even paying for the baby and me to fly there and to ship my car!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have a blog now, I love to hear that Langston should be here soon, and I love that I have seen your house in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a cute little adobe house!! So glad y'all are blogging now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool new house! I'm sure you and Michael will be super busy when you get there! Just remember take your time Langston won't even know if his nursery is all put together for a while ;) What an exciting new chapter for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete