Friday, May 7, 2010

39 weeks!

Thursday we went for my weekly check up. The doctor did say that the baby was definitely lower, but I am still not dilated. I have still not had any contractions, so they scheduled me to have another sonogram next Thursday (the end of 40 weeks). Hopefully we will have some action this week. The exam was rather painful and unfortunately caused some side effects that took me off guard. For the sake of blogging, I will leave the description out. I guess Langston is being stubborn. We ate Mexican food last night, walked around downtown Columbus today for several hours, got a pedicure/foot massage...any other suggestions?

The difficult decision will now be whether to induce, c-section, or wait it out. Dr. Brown said if I were induced now, it would be about a 30 hour labor...YUCK!... I am tremendously wanting to avoid surgery, but waiting so long is killing me. What if the baby is huge? I guess we will see after Thursday's sonogram!

Please pray that I have some contractions between now and Thursday. It apparently will cause the dilation to occur, which in turn would mean I could be induced...or that Langston will be coming soon.

Mom is now here having fun with me! She brought more gifts, baby room stuff, and part of the baby bed that my dad has made. I will post pictures soon! Dad did a fabulous job...it is just beautiful! It is wonderful to have parents that are so talented... it is so special to have their handmade crafts to pass on for generations!

3 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with Haylie, I only had a few braxton hicks and that was like week 38-39. The whole time I was pregnant the doctor told me my measurements were average, so she should be an average sized baby. Well week 40 came and went and I think I was just 1 cm dialated. So they scheduled an induction for week 31. I went in at 6 am to be induced, the dr came in at 7 and broke my water, and then contractions progressed....I think I got up to 7 cm w/ in a few hours and never got past that. At 6 pm the doctor suggested a c-section. Haylie came out at 10 lbs 7 oz. The dr said had he known she was that big he would have taken her sooner! While the C-Section kinda sucked (it wasn't really that bad)...C-section babies are prettier..lol. They're not bruised or cone headed shaped like naturally born babies are for a while! Good luck with everything! And I'm praying for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops should have said induction at week 41.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, those ahem "check-ups" near the end are quite invasive.

    ReplyDelete