Saturday, May 22, 2010

We did it!

Langston is now 1 week old! What a blessing! He is the most adorable little baby I have ever seen! At his 5 day check up he had already gained 3 oz. back of the 13 he lost while he was in the hospital.

Mom has been a wonderful help taking care of me while I take care of Langston. I have suffered from a spinal headache this whole entire week. Apparently my CSF is leaking out my spinal column, a side effect from the spinal block (epidural) that I had during the C-section. Most people go back into the hospital to get a blood patch, but I was already "traumatized" from all the poking and prodding that I decided to wait it out and let it heal on its own. The blood patch would have provided instant relief, but the leak would heal itself in 7 days. The blood patch would have consisted of injected 15 ml of my own blood back into my spinal column to clot off the leak. Now can you see why I chose to wait it out? Thanks to mom for taking care of me while I heal! I am doing much better now and can enjoy being a mommy!

The C-section went of without a hitch. I was very surprised with myself at how well I did..I only tried to pass out once and the anesthesiologist gave me some medication that pepped me right up. I was off all major pain medicines except Tylenol #3 and Motrin after the 1st day. I was up and showered and walking some on the second day! My stitches still hurt and I have ..what I call "phantom pain"... in my stomach where all the nerve endings are growing back together.

Mom is leaving today. Michael and I get to try this parenting thing out by ourselves... What an adventure!

I still feel like I am babysitting...well...minus the whole breastfeeding thing...

BREASTFEEDING is taking over my life! It is a wonderful thing..but it takes FOREVER!

We will post more pictures soon..for now visit www.langstonking.shutterfly.com for pictures of Langston. Thank you for the encouragement. I am happy to talk on the phone..now that my headache is gone... The only problem we have is that my iphone won't let me TALK on the phone..so text me and I will call you back on Michaels...or just call Michaels phone :-)

While my mom continues to get ready to leave, Michael and I are going to sneak away to get lunch :-)

1 comment:

  1. nursing is crazy hard, but if you can make it 6 weeks, you can make it 6-12 months. hang in there! it's so convenient not to have to pack bottles everywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete