Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Joys of Pregnancy



I can honestly say I have been blessed with an easy pregnancy. During the first trimester I only struggled with being overwhelmingly tired and dry heaving. I guess being pregnant made me more prone to dry heave over drainage and strong smells. I tried to exercise...I even joined an early morning dance class. But was too tired to continue. The second trimester, I hardly knew I was pregnant. As you can see from earlier pictures, I didn't really start showing until around 18 weeks. I have only recently become uncomfortable during the last trimester. In fact, all I think about is being pregnant and when Langston will FINALLY make his debut. My ankles and feet are swollen, making it impossible to wear any shoes except flip flops.




My lower abdomen hurts a lot, I guess preparing me for labor. My blood pressure had started to climb as well. Langston is sitting so high in my abdomen that he has injured my ribs and caused a lot of acid reflux. Due to the increase in problems, my OB/GYN (Dr Jake Brown) and I have decided that this coming Friday will be my last day of work as a pharmacist in Starkville. It is just getting too difficult and strenuous to stand on my feet all day long. The job can be stressful at times and required more out of my body than I realized! I am very excited for the time off, however. I can relax and prepare my heart and soul for becoming a mommy. Michael and I are so excited! I feel as if we have been "nesting" for almost a month now. We have made a make-shift nursery for Langston. Michael's office is now being consumed with baby stuff! Since we are moving in mid-June, there is only so much we could do.

Today Michael and I went to Walmart to get snacks for family and friends that come visit. With only 17 days left (until the due date) We have stocked our refrigerator, I have made all my lists for post-partum days, and I am packed and ready to go. Now we are ready for all the fun!!

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember my feet looking just like that! We will be remembering you in our prayers and we can't wait to see pictures! Enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete